The Quebrada Ishinca is one of the closer to Huaraz and from its base camp you can climb two 5000 meters peak (Ishinca and Urus) and two 6000 meters peaks (Tocllaraju and Ranrapalca), Three well-known peaks combine to create a perfectly balanced expedition, it is a popular destination for climbers who want to get to 5 or 6000 meter peak, so you keep travel a minimum. It’s the perfect acclimatization trip. If your time in Peru is short or you have little high altitude experience the climbs in this valley should be considered. Generally after the first trekking the most popular peaks of Cordillera Blanca to overcome the 5000 meters are: Urus Este, Ishinca and tocllaraju.
Trip Information of Ishinca
Length: 3 Days
Route: NE ridge (up) SE (down)
Best Season: May – September
Trip Information of urus
Length: 3 Days
Route: SW FACE
Best Season: May – September
Trip Information of tocllaraju
Length: 4 Days
Route: W Ridge
Best Season: Mid May – September
Today we leave the city of Huaraz toward the north and down to the Callejón de Huaylas (also known as the Santa Valley) to the village of Paltay. We continue on an unpaved route to Pashpa, on to the small Lake Cochapampa 3600m. Here is where our local team of mule drivers waits for us. It is a 90 minute trip from Huaraz to Paltay. We then have a tranquil climb through the Ishinca Valley to our camp, near Refugio Ishinca. 4-5 hours.
A continuous climb on a good trail and then over the moraine to the glacier. The climb on the glacier is not steep, except for the last 50 meters to the summit. However, in some years, depending on the conditions at the glacier, there can be some steep sections or hard ice, Return via the same trail to Base Camp. 10-12 hours.
Ascents of the west face of Urus. A sloped route takes us to a ridge, crossing large rocks on the moraine until we reach the glacier. We climb over the snow and ice for an hour; then the last 50 minutes to the summit is easier over the moraine. A steep descent to camp. 7 hours.
Today we have the entire day free. If participants have any questions about use of technical climbing equipment, today is a good day to practice. Overnight again in Base Camp.
About mid-day, after lunch, we begin the ascent via a steep moraine to the edge of the glacier. From this point we can see Tocllaraju (6,032 m), very near. We’ll set up our high camp on the moraine. Hiking time: 4-5 hours.
Walking Time: 4 hours
Summit Day! Summit day! After a very early breakfast, we proceed over the glacier to the northwest ridge of the peak. Because the glacier changes from year to year, the technical ice climbing is also different from year to year. We might find small walls of ice, up to 60 degree surfaces. The summit ridge is secured with fixed ropes. From the 6000+ meter peak, the view opens on the entire Cordillera Blanca. Descend to Base Camp. At noon we return to Moraine Camp and continue to Base Camp. Some 10-12 hours today.
After breakfast we leave at 8 am for an easy return walk to Pashpa. Today burros will be carrying our camping and personal equipment. We’ll return via a hillside covered with queñuales trees (Polylepis spp.), native to the high Andes. Here our private transport will be waiting.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Pre climbing Briefing.
- Professional mountain guide certified by IFMGA: English, Spanish and Quechua speaking.
- An aspiring mountain guide IFMGA. English, Spanish and Quechua speaking, for more than two clients
- Mountain porters
- Private transport of approaching and returning from all the expedition.
- Entrance fee to the Huascaran national park
- Food during the expedition (breakfast , lunch , box lunch, reception and dinner ) we have option for vegetarian people
- Camping equipment: mountaineering four season tents (2 persons)
- Mess tent
- Kitchen stuff: stove, kitchen utensils, chairs, table and others
- Donkey drivers and donkeys
- First aid kit
- Mountain cook.
- Snow pickets
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Personal equipment
- Food in the city
- Hotel in Lima
- Taxis in cities
- Hotel and lodging in Huaraz
- Travel, life or baggage insurance
- Unexpected expenses as when a participant leaves the group during the scheduled days
- Additional beverages or meals in villages
- A daypack for your walking and climbing to bring personal gear, camera, and light stuff (35 litters)
- Rain gear (water and windproof jacket and pants)
- Hiking boots
- Climbing boots recommendable for six thousand meters to Tocllaraju
- Warm clothes (jacket, fleeces, gloves, thermal clothing underneath, and down jacket)
- Sleeping bag resistant up to -15 grades
- Sleeping pad
- Torch / flashlight (2 extra batteries)
- Definitely camera
- Cap or hat to protect yourself from sun heat, cold or rain
- Water battle or thermo (1 litter or more)
- Small Personal first aid kit with medicines that often use
- Per of walking poles necessary for the hike
- Two technical ice axes
- One harness
- A couple of carabineers
- A helmet
- A belay device.
Do you need any help?
+51 922 707 740